The Basildon Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween Field Trip






Back again. This time with Paul (Snoopy) Nagle and Sophie Hope from B+B who is assessing the whole project.
My aim was to thoroughly explore Nevendon Bushes to get material and info for the Ghost Story. I also needed to walk the Circle Walk that I am proposing for Sun 7 Jan.
The woods walk was delightful. This time we did get in via the housing estate, albeit through a broken down fence. We walked right through.. I got more good oics, one of which, if you look closely, definitely has a black shape marauding in the background !! U could see it but the blog won't load pics just now! We eventually found our way back outvia the actual gateway that leads into the houses...so now I know.
We then walked the circle walk, which apart from a few spots which were not especially pedestrian friendly, worked very well. I decided that I will not do the little detours to Painters Green a+ poets' Corner as it will be too confusing. We will simply march in a circle. I ran my idea of putting some money behind the bar at the end of teh day at the Watermill Hotel. they thought it was a fine idea. So I will. Paul liked the idea of the Dog Show - he's a dog owner. I thought I might ask him therefore to propose one of the Competition Categories. Sophie and I visited Tony Guyon and Doreen Bolton at Interlock for more facts + figures, then appeased our grumbling stomachs in The Cafe. They'll start to recognise me soon.
I overstayed my time limit and hit traffic and high winds on the way home and was late back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home