The Basildon Blog

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Girly Visit








Wed 25 October
Site visit with Joanna Pocock, who is writing a Travel Piece and Zoe Griffiths who will be doing some illustrations for the diary and to accompany Joanna's Travel Piece for the Souvenire Goody Bag and both my children. I met them atthe station and took them off immediately to the transport cafe just outside N.P.N as we all needed to feed. Plus it gave me timme to brief Joanna and Zoe as to exactly whay I need form them both. So suitably refuelled we entered the zone.
I showed them all the sites I am incorporating into the project -- as originally shown to me by the residents (Doreeen et al). We tried unsuccessfully to access Nevendon Bushes from the estate but got lost so drove around to the Burnt Mills Road entrance. A pleasant walk was had and some good snaps taken of burnt out tree stumps etc. (And lovely wildlife I hasten to add). We then mopved on to Speakers' Corner and Painter's Green (Havengore). Next up was Poets' Corner, which I discovered to my horror is now under demolition. See pic. Oh well. We will have to use the park and funny little bridge opposite instead. We ended up at Northlands Park where son number 2, who had accompanied me the previous day when I came for a meeting, delighted in whizzing around in a funny little bucket chair, as he had done yesterday.

Blog still refusing to upload images!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home