The Basildon Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

Books






Raining! How annoying. I left out the laundry. See pic. I have been buying books and publications as research/inspiration for the publication I intend to produce for Art U Need. See pics. Travel writings by John Betjeman and W.G.Sebald. 'Kingdom Come', the new novel by J.G. Ballard about the sinister nature of M25 towns, and some lovely local guide/travel books. Searching in the English travel section of my favourite sewcondhand bookstore threw up a single reference to Basildon; and a tiny one at that; some facts and figures and a couple of lines telling me thatBasildon was a tiny town but thatits numbers were expected to swel to 135,000 when it becomes a New Town. That's it. Poorold Basildon. Well we can change all that, and provide a glorious publication all about Northlands Park Estate, by the people for the people, and by me, and those that I commission. It's going to taste great, as that really annoying advert keeps shouting at me every time I turn on the telly. (Frosties!!) I will try and input the pics back to front so that they correlate to the text this time, last first etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home