The Basildon Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Dinner Nov 23 06




What a treat. We had dinner at Rochelle's Canteen off Arnold Circus EC2. David, Catherine Butcher, Cathy Shelbourne+ Joanna Baxendalefrom Commissions East, Bob Smith, whom I know as Patrick Brill so I will refer to him as Patrick from hereon, and the four other artists Jane Wilbraham, Hayley Newman, Milika Muriku+ Lucy Harrison. (I'll fill in surnames later!). I sat in between Joanna + Milika + opposite Lucy.
Milika has four tower blocks in Southend. SHe is making a light sculpture in the neglected laundry area of the block which is programmable by the residents via a modem. Sounds gorgeous. Lucy's project is not dissimilar to mine. She is creating A Canvey Guidebook, and gathering info and local histories via activities, the first of which starts this Sunday. It's called the Rendezvous Club, named after a previously existting club there. Members will meet + walk + talk. Sounds lovely. First Sunday of every month. I really hope to go, but both my kids havave birthday parties to go to thatdayso it may not be possible. It turns out that Dr. Feelgood are form or hacve strong links to Canvey Isdland and are playing a gig there on New Year's Eve which Lucy is going to. I fancy that too. Somehow failed to take pics at the dinner, but I do have pics of my train journey and the picturesque spot where we got delayed for half an hour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home